We have a friend that got out of his 2nd stay in prison. He got his gate money and had nowhere to go. He went to his ex wife’s house, and waited on the porch for her to come home. He had a bag of his property in one hand and his see through tv in the other. Her current husband knew him, they were both from the same neighborhood and knew he was getting out, so it wasn’t a total shock. They told him he could stay on their couch for a few weeks as long as he looked for work and a place to live.
He found a job and a woman he was writing to while he was in prison, took him in. He did well for the first few months. Told everyone he’s never going back again, and was going to stay clean and do all the right things. I believe he tried. But, he wasn’t prepared to deal with every day life. Going to work, paying bills, making lots of decisions – for him, prison worked. He had structure and for what it’s worth, some type of support system. He wants to spend more time with my husband and other guys that have been successful after prison but they don’t want to be around him because he’s exactly the kind of guy that will do something to get locked up again (drugs in his car at a traffic stop, stealing something, illegal and/or generally stupid behavior ).
He hasn’t gone back yet but started using drugs again. I’ve heard some things from other people, nothing good. Not to say that prison isn’t hard, but life in society is hard. Doing the right thing, making good decisions when no one is watching, taking care of your responsibilities – that’s hard too. Maybe too hard for some people.
- Si l’Amérique était envahie, quel type de peuple serait celui qui se lèverait et se battrait pour sa liberté?
- Et si un gouvernement mondial existait qui abolissait les droits de l’homme, interdisait la liberté d’expression, nous opprimait, nous disait quoi manger / qui portait et qui, au fond, contrôlait tout?
- Les Arabes veulent-ils les mêmes libertés que les Occidentaux?
- What is an equity/freedom feminist?
- If Azad means freedom, why is Pakistan not allowing AJK as a separate country?